COD-401 Owner’s Manual
FREQUENCY RANGE – 110Hz – 20kHz +/- 3dB
HIGH-FREQUENCY DRIVER – 0.5″ PEI Dome Tweeter
LOW-FREQUENCY DRIVER – 4″ PP Woofer
SENSITIVITY – 88 dB
POWER HANDLING – 35W RMS
IMPEDANCE – 8Ω
ENCLOSURE MATERIAL – UV Treated, Glass-Filled ABS
ENCLOSURE TYPE – Sealed
FINISH – Black or White Matte, Paintable
PRODUCT DIMENSIONS – 6.3” x 9.2” x 7” (160mm x 233mm x 145mm)
PRODUCT WEIGHT – 5 lbs (1.87 kg)
The Vanguard Dynamics COD Series Outdoor Speakers are all-weather loudspeakers that bring an amazing audio experience outdoors. Enjoy great sound out of a small footprint with drivers tuned to perfection. The COD speakers are available in black or white UV-treated ABS enclosures along with color-matched aluminum grills.
1. Attach the speaker cables to the speaker cable terminals on the back of the COD speaker.
2. Connect the speaker cable while ensuring proper polarity with the amplifier, + to + (red) and – to – (black).
3. Also ensure that the right channel of the amplifier is connected to the right speaker and the left channel to the left speaker.
1. When mounting the COD speakers outdoors, the eaves of the roof provide an ideal location as they reduce the exposure of constant direct sunlight and precipitation.
2. If installing speakers on a boat, the wheelhouse provides the best location for the same reasons.
1. When placing the COD speakers on a wall or bookshelf, we recommend that they are mounted at ear level or slightly higher.
2. The usual listening area should be no closer to the speakers than the distance between the speakers themselves.
1. The COD speaker is supplied with a U-shaped wall mounting bracket that can be installed vertically or horizontally.
2. Use screws, bolts or anchors (not included) that are capable of supporting the weight of the speaker to mount the bracket.
3. Choose a mounting surface with sufficient strength to reliably hold the speaker. (See Diagram 1 below)
4. Mount U bracket with slots pointing upward if mounting horizontally.
5. Once the bracket is securely fastened, insert knob screws loosely onto the speaker and slide on to bracket. (See Diagram 2 below)
6. Rotate the speaker to desired position and tighten the knob screws.
7. There are two M6 inserts located on the back of the speaker for other types of mounting brackets. (Make sure to select a bracket capable of supporting the weight of the speaker.
1 Slotted Surface Mount U-Bracket
2 Knob Screws
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Vanguard Dynamics warrants to the original retail purchaser only that this Vanguard Dynamics product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, provided the speaker was purchased from a Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer.
Defective products must be shipped, together with proof of purchase, prepaid and insured to the Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer from whom they were purchased, or to the Vanguard Dynamics factory at the address listed on this installation instruction manual. Freight collect shipments will be refused. It is preferable to ship this product in the original shipping container to lessen the chance of transit damage. In any case, the risk of loss or damage in transit is to be borne by the purchaser. If upon examination at the Factory or Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer, it is determined that the unit was defective in materials or workmanship at any time during this warranty period, Vanguard Dynamics or the Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer will, at its option, repair or replace this product at no additional charge, except as set forth below. If this model is no longer available and can not be repaired effectively, Vanguard Dynamics, at its sole option, may replace the unit with a current model of equal or greater value. In some cases where a new model is substituted, a modification to the mounting surface may be required. If mounting surface modification is required, Vanguard Dynamics assumes no responsibility or liability for such modification. All replaced parts and products become the property of Vanguard Dynamics Products replaced or repaired under this Warranty will be returned to the original retail purchaser, within a reasonable time, freight prepaid.
This Warranty does not include service or parts to repair damage caused by accident, disaster, misuse, abuse, negligence, inadequate packing or shipping procedures, commercial use, voltage inputs in excess of the rated maximum of the unit, or service, repair, or modification of the product which has not been authorized or approved by Vanguard Dynamics. This Warranty also excludes normal cosmetic deterioration caused by environmental conditions. This warranty will be void if the Serial Number on the product has been removed, tampered with, or defaced.
This Warranty is in lieu of all other expressed warranties. If the product is defective in materials or workmanship as warranted above, the purchaser’s sole remedy shall be repair or replacement as provided above. In no event will Vanguard Dynamics be liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the product, even if Vanguard Dynamics or a Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitation and exclusion may not apply.
All implied warranties on the product are limited to the duration of this expressed Warranty. Some states do not allow limitation on the length of an implied warranty. If the original retail purchaser resides in such a state, this limitation does not apply.
In our attempt to constantly improve our products, features and specifications are subject to change without notice.