IR Hub-6 Kit Owner’s Manual
The Vanguard Dynamics IR Kit can pick up signals from IR remote controls and then pass to the HUB-6 Connecting Block for distribution of IR signals to your devices via IR Emitters.
The IR Receiver can be mounted to any flat surface (furniture recesses, under shelves, etc) using double-sided adhesive tape. Alternatively, the IR Receiver can be mounted in the optional Table Mount (IR-TM) for tabletop placement, Flush Mount (IR-FM) for installation in a cabinet door or cabinet panel, or Flex Mount (IR-XM) which can be attached to the side or rear of a TV or cabinet.
If you need to control more devices or have equipment in separate cabinets, you can order additional HUB-6 and daisy chain them via the RJ45 jack. (See Fig. 3)
1. Find an out-of-sight location close to the equipment and power source and mount the Connecting Block.
2. Connect the IR Receiver Cable to the IR IN jack. Affix the IR Receiver on an open flat surface convenient to pick up IR remote control signal. The optional IR Receiver mounts as described in the optional accessories section adds mounting possibilities. If you need further distance than the provided IR Receiver cable length, you may splice with a 3-conductor wire and connect via terminal block. Please make sure to splice in between the circuit module and the plug. (See Fig. 2)
3. Connect IR Emitters to the HUB-6 and affix an emitter over the IR eye on each piece of equipment to be controlled. The optional Peel and Stick can be used to affix an emitter over a curved surface, or, in situations where IR signals cancel each other out.
4. Connect the power supply to the HUB-6
5. Test the setup by pointing the IR remote control at the IR Receiver and press the ON/OFF button on the remote control. The selected equipment should turn ON/OFF.
6. The number of emitters employed, length of cables, and distance between the remote control and the IR Receiver will affect the Emitter output. Use a small Philips screwdriver to adjust the individual output power as necessary for optimum performance.
Limited Five-Year Warranty
Vanguard Dynamics warrants to the original retail purchaser only that this Vanguard Dynamics product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, provided the speaker was purchased from a Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer.
Defective products must be shipped, together with proof of purchase, prepaid and insured to the Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer from whom they were purchased, or to the Vanguard Dynamics factory at the address listed on this installation instruction manual. Freight collect shipments will be refused. It is preferable to ship this product in the original shipping container to lessen the chance of transit damage. In any case, the risk of loss or damage in transit is to be borne by the purchaser. If upon examination at the Factory or Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer, it is determined that the unit was defective in materials or workmanship at any time during this warranty period, Vanguard Dynamics or the Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer will, at its option, repair or replace this product at no additional charge, except as set forth below. If this model is no longer available and can not be repaired effectively, Vanguard Dynamics, at its sole option, may replace the unit with a current model of equal or greater value. In some cases where a new model is substituted, a modification to the mounting surface may be required. If mounting surface modification is required, Vanguard Dynamics assumes no responsibility or liability for such modification. All replaced parts and product become the property of Vanguard Dynamics Products replaced or repaired under this Warranty will be returned to the original retail purchaser, within a reasonable time, freight prepaid.
This Warranty does not include service or parts to repair damage caused by accident, disaster, misuse, abuse, negligence, inadequate packing or shipping procedures, commercial use, voltage inputs in excess of the rated maximum of the unit, or service, repair or modification of the product which has not been authorized or approved by Vanguard Dynamics. This Warranty also excludes normal cosmetic deterioration caused by environmental conditions. This warranty will be void if the Serial Number on the product has been removed, tampered with, or defaced.
This Warranty is in lieu of all other expressed warranties. If the product is defective in materials or workmanship as warranted above, the purchaser’s sole remedy shall be repair or replacement as provided above. In no event will Vanguard Dynamics be liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the product, even if Vanguard Dynamics or a Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitation and exclusion may not apply. All implied warranties on the product are limited to the duration of this expressed Warranty. Some states do not allow limitation on the length of an implied warranty. If the original retail purchaser resides in such a state, this limitation does not apply.
In our attempt to constantly improve our products, features and specifications are subject to change without notice.