ORS-602 Owner’s Manual
Thank you for purchasing Vanguard Dynamics Rock Speakers. When properly installed, these speakers will provide you with years of outdoor entertainment pleasure. To get the most out of your new speakers, please read this manual thoroughly before you begin installation.
• If you desire music over a wide area, it is best to have a larger number of speakers playing at low volume, rather than a few speakers playing at high volume. Keep this in mind when designing your outdoor system.
• Ideally, you should place the speakers as close to the primary listening area as possible. The perceived volume of the speaker decreases rapidly as it is moved further from the listener.
• Direct burial wire or conduit for new yard construction must be run to the location of the speakers. Keep in mind that patios, walls, and other features in your yard may be difficult to get around when wiring.
CONNECTING THE SPEAKERS
1. Determine the locations for the speakers and estimate the length of additional wire you will need for each speaker.
NOTE: WHEN PURCHASING ADDITIONAL WIRE, VANGUARD DYNAMICS STRONGLY RECOMMENDS USING DIRECT BURIAL-GRADE WIRE.
2. Dig a 4” – 5” deep trench to run the speaker wires in.
3. Run the wire through the trench from your amplifier to the speaker locations. Do not connect the wires to the amplifier at this time.
4. Connect the speaker wires you ran from your amplifier to the wires that came attached to the speakers. Vanguard Dynamics recommends using waterproof wire nuts (not included) to secure the wires.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE NOT TO LET ANY STRAY ‘+’ AND ‘–’ STRANDS TOUCH EACH OTHER. TOUCHING STRANDS CAN CAUSE A SHORT-CIRCUIT THAT COULD DAMAGE YOUR AMPLIFIER
5. After you have made the above connections, connect the wires to your amplifier.
NOTE: CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE CONNECTED SPEAKER “+” TO AMPLIFIER “+” AND SPEAKER “–” TO AMPLIFIER “–”
6. Turn your amplifier on and test the system with your favorite music. If the speakers are operating properly, refill the wire trench and enjoy your new speakers.
Although they are designed to withstand the elements, there are precautions you should take to optimize the long-term performance of your speakers. Keep soil and wood chips from covering the speaker grill. If soil accumulates on the grill, it can be rinsed away with low water pressure. Chemicals commonly used in the yard can potentially damage the rubber parts of the speaker. Avoid spraying
such chemicals onto or near the speaker. Also, avoid placing the speakers where the grill area will come in direct contact with sprinklers.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Vanguard Dynamics warrants to the original retail purchaser only that this Vanguard Dynamics product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, provided the speaker was purchased from a Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer.
Defective products must be shipped, together with proof of purchase, prepaid and insured to the Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer from whom they were purchased, or to the Vanguard Dynamics factory at the address listed on this installation instruction manual. Freight collect shipments will be refused. It is preferable to ship this product in the original shipping container to lessen the chance of transit damage. In any case, the risk of loss or damage in transit is to be borne by the purchaser. If, upon examination at the Factory or Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer, it is determined that the unit was defective in materials or workmanship at any time during this warranty period. Vanguard Dynamics or the Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer will, at its option, repair or replace this product at no additional charge, except as set forth below. If this model is no longer available and can not be repaired effectively, Vanguard Dynamics, at its sole option, may replace the unit with a current model of equal or greater value. In some cases where a new model is substituted, a modification to the mounting surface may be required. If mounting surface modification is required, Vanguard Dynamics assumes no responsibility or liability for such modification. All replaced parts and products become the property of Vanguard Dynamics Products replaced or repaired under this Warranty will be returned to the original retail purchaser, within a reasonable time, freight prepaid.
This Warranty does not include service or parts to repair damage caused by accident, disaster, misuse, abuse, negligence, inadequate packing or shipping procedures, commercial use, voltage inputs in excess of the rated maximum of the unit, or service, repair, or modification of the product which has not been authorized or approved by Vanguard Dynamics. This Warranty also excludes normal cosmetic deterioration caused by environmental conditions. This warranty will be void if the Serial Number on the product has been removed, tampered with, or defaced.
This Warranty is in lieu of all other expressed warranties. If the product is defective in materials or workmanship as warranted above, the purchaser’s sole remedy shall be repair or replacement as provided above. In no event will Vanguard Dynamics be liable for any incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the product, even if Vanguard Dynamics or a Vanguard Dynamics Authorized Dealer has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim by any other party. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitation and exclusion may not apply.
All implied warranties on the product are limited to the duration of this expressed Warranty. Some states do not allow limitation on the length of an implied warranty. If the original retail purchaser resides in such a state, this limitation does not apply. In our attempt to constantly improve our products, features and specifications are subject to change without notice.